Bit Logic Calculator
My attempt to create a simple solution to work with binary integer values which are often used for different programming tasks. This might become helpful if you have to work with binary encoded status words or control words. Version 2.x also contains many networking features, making calculations of networking ranges using classless subnetting much easier.
Screenshot Bit Logic Calculator V2 running on Windows Server 2012 R2
The following file is a simple compressed file. Use a tool like 7-Zip or WinZip to decompress it to any folder you like and run "bitcalc32.exe" or "bitcalc64.exe" from there. No special installation is required. Click here to download "bitcalc_v2_1_3.zip" (~2 MB)
Version 1.x is provided for legacy operating systems only; no further updates are available.
The following file is a simple compressed file. Use a tool like 7-Zip or WinZip to decompress it to any folder you like and run "bitcalc.exe" from there. No special installation is required. Click here to download "bitcalc_v1_6_2.zip" (~200 kB)
The following file is a special installer for U3 compatible USB flash drives. Download it and use the U3 control panel application to install the file. Once the installation is completed, the program will appear in the U3 Launcher. Click here to download "bitcalc_v1_6_2.u3p" (~252 kB)
After you downloaded the compressed file, please use one of the unzip utilities which can be found in the "Links" section to decompress the file. The resulting executable file (BitCalc.exe) can be placed in any folder on your hard disk and started from there. No special setup is required.
- 3 data types (byte, word, double word)
- signed / unsigned integer for all 3 data types
- on-the-fly conversion of all binary, decimal, hexadecimal and networking values
- most common logical bit operations (AND, OR, NAND, NOR ...)
- standard math functions (addition, substraction, multiplication and division)
- shift operations (including shifting by a specified number of bits)
- rotate operations (including rotation by a specified number of bits)
- 2 accumulators which can be swapped, as well as an seperate result value
- Option to leave the application window always on top of other applications
For version 2.x, any computer running Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 should work.
For Version 1.6 (legacy version), any computer running Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP should work.
This software was written for my pure entertainment, thus, it's provided to you free of charge. If you like it, you may use it as long as you like, for any usage and you are entitled to give copies to your friends, family members and other enemies, as long as it's unmodified and you don't charge for it.